As chronic inflammation is actually within our control to change, treat and prevent you can simply try to fix it!
What is actually inflammation?
Namely, there are 2 types of inflammation acute and chronic.
This type of inflammation is experienced after an injury and it is a part of the normal detoxification and repair process, as well.
As you can see, in such cases, inflammation can be considered as a good and natural thing.
But, if acute inflammation fails to be resolved, it becomes chronic.
What triggers chronic inflammation?
- Excessive amount of toxins
Even though the human body is able to process a shocking number of toxins, i.e., more than a million toxins daily, it is probably overwhelmed by the overabundance, which is present in the modern society.
- Excessive levels of stress
Stress, particularly chronic stress also leads to inflammation in your body. Moreover, as a result of the chronic stress, your body can become weaker as well as even more inflamed.
- Lack of real nutrients
You may be consuming lots of food, but maybe they are not adequate and healthy foods that should be consumed.
Just think about what you’ve eaten in the past 24 hours. How much of the following foods have you eaten during that period?
- Leafy greens
- Fresh veggies
- Coconut and olive oil
- Organic butter
- Organic, grass-fed meats
- Organic eggs
- Raw nuts and seeds
- Wild-caught fish
- Super-foods such as raw honey, spirulina, quinoa and goji berries
- Sprouted grains
- Fermented, pro-biotic-rich foods
Have you eaten about 80% of the above mentioned foods? And how much you have consumed?
- White bread
- Processed foods
- Fried foods
- Refined sugars
- Processed drinks and sodas
- Wheat products
- Dairy products
- Processed meats
- Fast foods
- Starchy products made from corn or potatoes
It is very important to know that you have to include real foods with real vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to feel as well as look great and have an excellent health.
However, in case a huge percentage of your diet comes from the second list, then you are NOT actually giving your organism what it really needs.
These are inflammation signs:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- High blood pressure
- Constant fatigue
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Joint pain
- Food cravings
- Water retention
- Binge eating
- Unexplainable weight gain
Diseases connected to inflammation:
- Autoimmune and auto-inflammatory disease
As you probably know the main role of the immune system is to protect you from illness and diseases and it succeeds in it by attacking any foreign invaders that creep in, for instance viruses, bacteria, and parasites.
Whereas the immune system becomes compromised, it triggers increased inflammation.
In fact, the chronic inflammation is considered as one of the main consequences of autoimmune disorders.
- Heart disease
It is not triggered only by arteries plaque build-up, but also by a combination of the plaque build-up and inflammation.
According to the recent studies, there is a great connection between inflammation and depression.
Luckily, a lot of doctors are beginning to treat depression by using methods that reduce inflammation in the body as well as promote natural healing.
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
Also, the free radical damage and brain tissue inflammation have been associated with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Furthermore, researchers have found out that by looking at the history of patients, they can connect Alzheimer’s and inflammation.
According to a recently carried out research, inflammation can play an important role in the development of type-2 diabetes.
Additionally, it is found out by the researchers that those who suffer from type-2diabetes have also a higher cytokine level, i.e., an inflammation-boosting protein.
Chronic inflammation can actually wreak havoc on your body and create the best environment for rogue cells.
For instance, colon and breast cancer can be triggered by chronic inflammation. Those suffering from inflammatory bowel disease, i.e., the inflammation of all or part of the digestive tract can develop colon cancer.
In addition, Inflammatory Breast Cancer can also be triggered by chronic inflammation.
Did you know that allergies can be triggered by inflammation, and also inflammation can trigger allergies? You should know that it is of a great importance to lower inflammation of you experience allergies.
The build-up of uric acid in the blood leads to gout, which causes inflammation in the joints.
Here are the best steps to lower inflammation and promote excellent health:
Include anti-Inflammatory foods in your diet
Logically, one of the best and most effective ways to control and prevent inflammation is by adopting healthy eating habits. So, it is advisable to stay focused on a plant-based diet, which is full of nature’s most powerful medicine. But, you should also implement organic, grass-fed meats, fatty fish, healthy oils and organic butters.
These foods contain particularly powerful anti-inflammatory properties:
- Fatty fish: It is abundant in strong anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids.
- Leafy greens: Green vegetables and super-foods are a great source of enzymes, phytochemicals, and nutrients. If consumed on an empty stomach, they are able to bolster and repair your cells.
- Nuts and seeds: Sunflower seeds are extremely high in vitamin E, but also all nuts and seeds contain very important anti-oxidants when it comes to the fight against inflammation.
- Beets: They have been proved to fight inflammation as well as help in the blood thinning. They are also rich in vitamin C.
- Berries: Despite they are delicious, berries are also an excellent source of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mushrooms: These are one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory mushrooms: bamboo fungus, reishi mushrooms, almond mushrooms, maitake mushrooms, caterpillar fungus, and lion’s mane.
- Garlic: According to studies, garlic is found to suppress leukocyte inflammatory cytokine production, which makes it a potential treatment for inflammatory bowel disease and some other similar health issues.
- Raw tomatoes: They actually contain amazing anti-inflammatory nutrients such as carotenoids and bioflavonoids, too.
- Turmeric: It is an interesting fact that there are more than 1000 different case studies that show turmeric is one of the most powerful natural anti-inflammatory agents.
- Tart cherry juice: The highest anti-inflammatory content of any food is found in Montmorency cherries.
- Cayenne: It contains an active ingredient – capsaicin that is considered in some cultures as an effective inflammation destroyer.
- Ginger: Ginger has potent anti-inflammatory phytonutrients – gingerols used in traditional medicine as a painkiller in the treatment of arthritis and some other inflammatory disorders.
- Coconut oil: Its lauric acid contains strong anti-inflammatory properties. Furthermore, this oil is a healthy fat that keeps the cells fuelled, the brain alert, and digestion run smoothly.
- Olive oil: Extra-virgin olive oil contains a substance that is a great anti-inflammatory agent. Bear in mind, the best option is to consume it raw or used at low-med temps while cooking.
- Herbs: Particularly, sage, rosemary, and ashwagandha.
- Teas: Particularly, White Willow Tea and Matcha Green Tea, as well.
Implement pro-biotic in your daily regimen
There are a wide variety of studies, which have shown that the pro-biotic consumption is related to marvellous anti-inflammatory effects. These are some ways to get your daily dose of pro-biotic:
- Pro-biotic supplement – It is advisable to pick at least 10 strains per capsule and make sure it also contains strains of B. bifidum or L. acidophilus, as they are the most powerful of all the strains available.
- Implement BILLIONS of CFU’s – Maybe it sounds like a lot, but if you actually think of the human body and that it contains about 37 trillion cells, so the idea of billions doesn’t seem so much. So, the typical daily dose for beginners is between 10-20 billion CFU’s.
- Consume fermented foods – Enrich your diet with sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha and miso because they are completely natural pro-biotic.
Exclude or decrease the foods that are inflammatory
It is important to know that inflammation can be caused by certain foods rich in refined sugar and fat, as well as wheat and dairy products. Now you probably are aware why it is recommended to lower or eliminate the consumption of soda, processed foods, and refined carbohydrates.
Avoid these inflammatory foods:
- Processed meats
- Processed foods
- Refined sugars
- Simple carbs
Get rid of the toxins in your environment
It is scientifically proven that environmental toxins for instance: mold can result in a chronic inflammatory response in the human body.
Here is a list of things you should include in your diet or everyday activities:
- Drink more water to stay hydrated
- Lower stress
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Make sure you connect with those close to you
- Make love
- Eat dark chocolate
- Eat chilli peppers
- Massage therapy
- Hang out with people who make you laugh
- Chiropractic adjustment
Have adequate sleep patterns
Keep in mind it is of a huge importance for your health and stress reduction to get about 7-9 hours of sleep every night.
Usually, the little voice inside your head, i.e., the story that we tell ourselves, lead you to experience the greatest stress amounts. So, by letting go of these negative thoughts as well as allowing yourself the necessary space to find gratitude in the situation, you can actually find peace, and move on.
Take these steps RIGHT NOW in order to change your thoughts and upgrade your health:
- Focus on positive things
- Be present and focus on the task or person in front of you
- Be grateful on a daily basis
Turmeric – The most effective anti-inflammatory ingredient from our mother nature!
Turmeric has been used for thousands of years by a lot of people throughout the world to improve mental acuity, relieve pain, de-bloat and stimulate digestion, and eradicate chronic inflammation, too. However, it is an interesting fact that we’ve really begun to understand the enormity of this miraculous spice in the US over the last 30 years.
To explain you more deeply, turmeric is actually a medicinal magician and an effective way to combat inflammation. Moreover, it has an active ingredient, i.e., curcumin, which has fantastic antioxidant properties and it is usually used as a natural treatment to help in the alleviation of arthritis inflammation, muscle sprains and many other injuries. What’s more it has also been considered to help in the prevention and slowing of cancer growth.
Actually, it is has the most powerful anti-inflammatory benefits.
Additional health benefits of turmeric:
- Stimulates eye health
- Natural pain killer
- Helps lower the risk or improve the symptoms of skin and prostate cancer, myeloma, leukaemia and metastasis
- Fights brain tumours
- May decrease the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Helps weight loss
- Improves sleep
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- Powerful antioxidant
- Stimulates body’s own antioxidant enzymes
- Helps in certain stomach ulcer prevention
- May alleviate arthritis symptoms
- Detoxifies liver
- May benefit the Parkinson’s disease sufferers
- May slow multiple sclerosis progression
- Elevates levels of Brain-Derived Neuropathic Factor
- Stops H. Pylori growth
- Effective natural remedy for depression
- Effective natural remedy for psoriasis
- Reverses effects of chronic stress
- Potent antibacterial
- Promotes weight gain in the cachexia sufferers
- May help in the prevention of cardiovascular disease
- May lower the risk of heart attack by 65% in certain individuals
How to choose the right turmeric supplement
When looking for a turmeric supplement make sure to choose one that meets the following criteria:
- Without chemicals – Unluckily, there are some turmeric suppliers that remove nutrients and antioxidants from turmeric in their faulty factories. Moreover, these turmeric capsules actually use chemical solvents in the separation process. Whereas, when it comes to the top quality turmeric, all its early vitamins, minerals as well as antioxidants are included in it.
- Full spectrum formula – Many supplements are made from incomplete extracts that just provide partial nutrients. Whereas some others claim to have curcuminoid extract that is blended in with the turmeric. When looking for a turmeric supplement, it is recommended to choose a full spectrum formulation as it actually ensures it contains all the phytonutrients, thus making it 4 times more useable by your body.
- Veggie caps – Just thinks about this – have you ever had an upset stomach after taking any supplements? In fact, it may be as a result of the chemicals and solvents within the caps. So, it is advisable to choose supplements, which use capsules made only from natural vegetable-derived materials.
- Raw – Some of the turmeric capsules are oven dried, cooked as well as heated, which deplete their nutrients. Therefore, choose turmeric that has never been cooked or heated in processing.
- Certified organic – Always choose organic turmeric supplements as some of them have dangerous poisons from pesticides.
Here is our turmeric supplement:
Namely, our very own turmeric supplement was designed for you and it’s now available. It is Daily Turmeric Boost!
Additionally, Daily Turmeric Boost is actually 4 TIMES MORE USEABLE by the body!
Some powerful recipes to fight inflammation naturally:
1. Turmeric smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Half a cup of frozen pineapple or mango
- Half a tsp. of cinnamon
- Half a tsp. of ginger
- Half a tsp. of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. of chia seeds
- 1 tsp. of maca root powder (if desired)
Just mix all ingredients and blend them to perfection. It should be consumed immediately.
2. Anti-inflammatory juice
- 2 green apples
- 2 kale leaves
- 2 collard green leaves
- ¼ hemp seed oil
- 1 knuckle of ginger
- 2 knuckles of turmeric
- 1 tbsp. of ACV
Start by add the kale, collard greens, ginger and turmeric into a juicer. Then, you should pour the juice into a glass and add the ACV and hemp seed oil into it and mix well.
3. Stress buster juice
- Half lime
- Half pineapple
- 1 cucumber
- A handful of cilantro
- Half of whole jalepeno
Firstly, you should wash and chop ingredients and blend them in a juicer. Consume it right away.
4. Tropical turmeric treasure
- 1 cup of fresh unsweetened tart cherry juice
- 1 cup of pineapple
- 1 inch of ginger root or 2-3 tsp. of ginger powder
- 1 inch of turmeric root or 1-2 tsp. of turmeric powder
You should make a mixture of all ingredients and also blend them to perfection. Consume it immediately.
5. Anti-inflammatory avocado adventure
- 1 avocado
- 3 cups of coconut water
- 2 cups of spinach
- Fresh orange juice just enough to blend
- Half a tsp. of fresh grated turmeric or turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. of raw honey
- ¼ tsp. of freshly grated ginger
The only thing you should do is to combine all ingredients and blend them to perfection. Also, consume it right away.
6. Gold star shake
- Half a cup of fresh or frozen papaya
- 1 cup of almonds milk
- 1 inch of fresh grated turmeric
- 1 scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder
Make a combination of all ingredients and blend them perfectly. Finally, consume it right away.
7. Green turmeric juice
- 1 cucumber
- 3 carrots
- 2 inches of fresh turmeric
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce
Like the previous recipes, you should also mix all ingredients, blend them to perfection and drink the beverage immediately.
So, the next time you find yourself wondering how to prevent inflammation or help balance your body back after a tough workout, injury or surgery, we hope you’ll refer back to this post.