This low-carb, ketogenic style recipe includes collagen protein, which helps improve your hair, skin, nails, joints and intestinal membrane. Specifically, grass-fed beef gelatin or collagen protein is an extraordinary protein source for anyone trying to lower the effects of aging, improve their beauty, strengthen their joints as well as heal leaky gut syndrome.
In addition, coconut milk offers a large dose of anti-inflammatory medium chain triglycerides, which are easily metabolized by the body and used to burn fat. On the other hand, lemon juice is abundant in vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids that are classified as vitamin P.
Are you familiar with the fact that the combination of vitamin C and vitamin P helps to improve deep capillary permeability, bringing more oxygen to the body tissues and also improving energy production and detoxification.
Here are the other health benefits of lemon juice:
– It helps prevent the formation of kidney stones. Moreover, consuming one half-cup of lemon juice on a daily basis elevates the citrate levels in the urine, according to popsugar.com. Plus, studies have also proven that it could protect against calcium stones in the kidneys.
– Since lemon juice contains pectin, i.e., a soluble fiber that gives the feeling of fullness and in turn curbs the appetite, the lemon juice consumption can also help in the weight loss process.
– It helps balance the body’s pH when ingested.
– Lemon juice possesses great anti-cancer properties.
Lemon Coconut Pudding
This recipe is actually a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly, who is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, spiritual health, and woman’s hormones.
This recipe serves: 3-5 small servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
– 2 cups of full-fat canned organic coconut milk
– 3 tablespoons of grass-fed beef gelatin (vegan substitute: 3 tbsp agar powder or agar flakes)
– Half a cup of lemon juice
– ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
– Stevia to taste
Into a pan, put half a cup of water, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and set aside for several minutes until it becomes soft and spongy.
Then, put the coconut milk, lemon juice, and vanilla into a mixing bowl or mason jar.
Heat the gelatin mixture on low heat just until it dissolves.
Once the gelatin is dissolved, remove it from the heat and stir in the honey or stevia and then immediately whisk into the lemon coconut mixture.
Finally, divide the mixture between 3-5 small glasses and chill until set.
It can be sweetened with maple syrup, stevia, or raw honey.
I actually use this brand of gelatin as it is pastured-raised without pesticides or chemicals.