Of course, the models that sell the beauty products, facial creams, hair products, or cosmetics always look perfect. As a result of their marvelous skin we actually frown upon our own wrinkles and blemishes.
So, we decide to purchase what the model is selling since we want to look perfect.
However, The Dove campaign is quite different as it does not involve models, but ordinary girls and women. To explain you more deeply, Dove ads feature people talking about their appearances and insecurities and make them feel they are beautiful the way they are.
We do expect for the Dove company, which advertises real beauty to include natural ingredients in their products. But, a lot of Dove products include toxic components!
The Beginning of Dove Company
It was started in 1957, i.e., when an original beauty bar was produced by the Lever Brothers. Moreover, they advertised their product as much better for the skin compared to other soaps since it was mild and included 1/4 cleansing cream. The bird silhouette was also their logo. The models they used then were so beautiful at the time, girly, slim, and red lips.
Dove started advertising their products with real women in the 60s, testifying before a purportedly hidden camera about the moisturizing effects of Dove soap bar.
Furthermore, they focused on only one woman, Jean Shy, as a result of the fact she received a compliment about her wonderful skin after using Dove products in the 80s. Namely, it is actually the first company’s shift promoting inner beauty.
A lot of new Dove products have been soled, including shampoo, cleansers, body lotions, deodorants, and face and hand care merchandise.
In 2004, they launched The official Dove Campaign for Real Beauty website. In 2005, they initiated the Dove Self-Esteem Fund in Canada for combating eating disorders.
Nowadays, Dove has been estimated as the leading cleansing brand in the world with sales of more than $2.5 billion per year in the U.S. It is also sold in more than 80 countries, where numerous women and girls started gaining more confidence about their looks since they use Dove products.
These Dove Products Are Loaded with Dangerous Ingredients
1. Dove White Beauty Bar
- It is the original product of the company, which hasn’t been changed:
- Recommended by dermatologists
- Classic moisturizing formula
- This product doesn’t dry skin as the ordinary soap
- Keeps the skin moisturized as it possesses ¼ moisturizing cream and mild cleansers
- Makes the skin smoother, softer and more radiant than any ordinary soap
- Can be used every day on face, hands, and body
The formula also remains the same, but it includes the following ingredients:
Water, Stearic Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Sodium Tallowate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate or Sodium Cocoate, Tetrasodium Edta, Sodium Stearate, Fragrance, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide or Ci 77891 and Sodium Chloride.
2. Deep Moisture Body Wash
They state that this product:
- Is recommended by dermatologists
- Can make the skin softer and smoother after only one shower
- Can provide the skin with natural nutrients
- Can nourish deep into the skin surface layers
- Help in keeping the moisture barrier of skin during cleanse
- Consists of mild and gentle formula
- Is adequate for everyday use
Water, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Sodium Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Bht, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Stearic Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Glycinate, Lauric Acid, Helianthus Sunflower Seed Oil or Glycine Soybean Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Dmdm Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, and Tetrasodium Edta.
3. Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo
It is though that this product can:
- Help in the hair protection from everyday wear and tear
- Make the hair 5 times softer and smoother than any other non-conditioning shampoo
- Make the hair manageable and silky
- Nourish the hair progressively, maintaining it healthier for a longer period
- Contain Pro-Moisture Complex
- Be used on a daily basis
Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Dimethiconol, Titanium Dioxide or Ci 77891, Styrene or Acrylates Copolymer, Ppg-9, Acrylates or Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Red 33 or Ci 17200, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dmdm Hydantoin, Tetrasodium Edta, Peg-45M, Amodimethicone, Mica or Ci 77019, Tea-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Lysine Hcl, Cocamide Mea, Peg-9M, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Arginine, Methylisothiazolinone, and Yellow 5 or Ci 19140.
The Truth Behind All These Dove Product Ingredients:
– Methylisothiazolinone: According to studies, it is a toxin, which leads to seizures and neurodegenerative disorders.
– Parfum or Fragrance: It can irritate the skin and contribute to dermatitis. There are many studies showing that it can also result in skin sensitivity.
– Tetrasodium Edta: It consists of formaldehyde, which is a carcinogen ingredient. That’s not all, this ingredient improves penetration, which means it can dissolve the protective barrier of the skin, enabling the other toxins to enter into the tissues or bloodstream.
– Sodium Tallowate: This ingredient is present in the classic Dove Beauty bar. Furthermore, it is produced from the cattle’s fatty tissue. According to the FDA, this ingredient is safe, but they also declare GMOs as not harmful.
– Sodium Laureth Sulfate – There are nearly 16,000 studies that analyzed the prolonged exposure and cumulative effects of SLS and the results showed:
– It can trigger eye and skin irritation
– It can contribute to endocrine disruption, ecotoxicology, neurotoxicity, and cellular or biochemical changes
– This ingredient can cause organ, and reproductive or developmental toxicity
– It may result in mutations and even cancer.