It is good to know that ginger is a flowering plant that originates from China. Ginger is related to turmeric and cardamom, as well. In addition, its rood is usually used as a spice, a preservative, a tea and also it is used for medicinal purposes.
Ginger is considered as one of the healthiest spices in existence, because of its great amounts of nutrients and bioactive compounds, which have extremely beneficial effect for your organism.
Continue reading to find out the excellent health benefits of ginger:
- Relieves inflammation– As you probably know that inflammation is associated with a lot of chronic conditions. But, ginger has a strong capacity to inhibit the production of nitrous oxide and inflammatory cytokines. Therefore, it is has excellent beneficial effects when it comes to arthritis and various other general inflammatory conditions.
- Acts as an effective anti-fungal– Ginger has excellent anti-fungal effects.
- Acts as an effective antibiotic- When the efficiency of ginger is compared to the antibiotics on Staphylococcus aureus and S. pyreus infections have shown that the extract of ginger may be superior.
- Helps in the treatment of periodontal disease– It has miraculous antibacterial effects on periodontal disease.
- Treats nausea– It is able to alleviate the symptoms of nausea, morning or sea sickness, as well as all kinds of nausea.
- Beneficial for gastric distress– It can inhibit H. pylori, thus preventing the ulcers formation.
- Alleviates menstrual pain– According to a double blind study the powdered ginger capsules can be compared to the effectiveness of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and placebos, when it comes to the menstrual pain.
- Prevents diabetes– Many researches have shown ginger is able to prevent and also treat diabetes. In addition, this spice can also reduce high blood sugar levels.
- Eliminates toxicity- The toxic effects of various substances, for instance: pesticides, MSG, and cancer drugs can be prevented by ginger.
- Helps in the treatment of cancer- According to several studies ginger has an ability to destroy various types of cancer cells, for instance: colon, breast, prostate, pancreatic, and skin cancer, as well.
Possible side effects of ginger:
It has been shown that ginger has a few side effects, such as: gas, bloating, nausea, burping, heartburn, and also allergic reactions that usually result in a rash. However, you should know that these symptoms can be usually experienced when ginger is consumed in its powdered form.
In addition, a list of possible ginger interference with some prescription medications was published on Drugs.com, and aspirin, diabetes and heart medication, blood thinners, warfarin, and NSAIDs are found on it.
Homemade syrup of ginger and honey
- Root of ginger
The first thing you should do is to peel a large ginger piece, grate it and place it in a pan.
Next, you should add enough honey in order to cover the ginger.
Then, put it on heat and simmer it for 10-15 minutes, or until ginger became mushy and put the syrup off the heat in order to cool.
At least, you should pour the homemade syrup into a jar and store it in a fridge. Keep in mind, this syrup will last for several weeks.
It can be used in tea, milk, smoothies, or on ice cream, hot oatmeal, pancakes, and on a fruit salad. Also, you can add 2-3 tablespoons of it to a cup of hot water in order to prepare tea.
Note: If you like you can strain the ginger out of the honey, during the process of preparation.