A tube known as the magnetron that produced microwaves was invented by two scientists during The Second World War. Combining the magnetrons in British radar system, on their mission to bomb the British Isles the microwaves could find Nazi warplanes.
A few years later, Percy LeBaron Spencer of the Raytheon Company accidentally found out that microwaves can also cook food. By accident, he found that a candy bar that he carried in his pocket was melted by radar waves.
In fact, the Radar Range, which was the first microwave oven on the market was as large as a refrigerator.
Research showed that microwave ovens are harmful to our health.
How Can the Food Be Heated or Cooked out by a Microwave Oven?
Specifically, alternating currents make atoms reverse their polarity, thus producing friction and vibrating the water inside of the food molecules, so that the food is heated up.
There are 2.45 billion hertz inside a microwave that is good, until the seal on the microwave’s door ages and starts leaking. It has been found that 10 hertz is the frequency amount that has harmful effects on the human body.
So, be careful and never stand near an operating microwave.
Which Harmful Effects Can Be Triggered on the Human Body by a Microwave Oven?
- Cataracts (since there is a lack of blood vessels in our eyes to dissipate the microwave’s heat and cellular stress)
- Viral and bacterial infection decreased resistance
- Weakened immune system
- Birth defects
- Other serious illnesses
Here is what the microwave oven does to the food:
- Breaks chemical and molecular bonds
- The study of the Swiss scientist, Hans Hertel, showed that by microwaving food, it is degraded and depleted of all the nutrients.
- The food molecules are destroyed and deformed by microwave’s radiation, thus resulting in harmful radioactive compounds.
- 96% of the breast milk antibodies are destroyed by microwaving.
- The structure of Infant formulas is altered by microwaving. Namely, it changes the components in amino acids, thus resulting in immunological abnormalities.
- A 1992 Search for Health’s study examined the effects of participants who consumed micro-waved vegetables. In addition, the participants reported:
– Rapidly elevated cholesterol levels
– Reduced hemoglobin, leading to an anemic-like conditions
– Reduced white blood cells
– Elevated leukocytes, showing poisoning and cell damage.
You are still exposed to dangerous levels of electromagnetic fields even in case your microwave oven is ideally sealed. What’s more, EMF can actually enter into human bodies and lead to serious health issues.
Limited exposure to EMF of .5mG – 2.5mG is recommended by the EPA. So in case you stand 4 inches from your microwave that is operating, then you will be exposed to 100 – 500mG.
On the other hand, if you stand 3 feet away from your microwave that is operating, you will be exposed to 1 – 25mG.
Even though microwaves may be more convenient and faster than the convection oven, they decrease all the nutritional value of your food and have negative impact on your health.