Evidently, the left hand of this government doesn’t actually know what the right hand is doing, or more probably doesn’t want to know. It is a fact that there’s little motivation to curb that racket by dropping marijuana out of its DEA Schedule 1 Controlled Substance rating by grabbing marijuana users in most states as well as locking them up in prisons for cheap labor.
Namely, Schedule 1 includes drugs, which are dangerous, addictive, and also without any medical merit. Moreover, its budgetary funding should be justified by the DEA that prefers rubber stamp approving pharmaceutical drugs, which are far more dangerous than marijuana as well as far less effective. What’s more, their corporate clients have to be obliged by the FDA to keep their licensure payments from Big Pharma rolling in.
It is very important to know that the unpublicized studies confirming that the medical merits of cannabis are referenced within the National Cancer Institute. Although they are pre-utical medications used to enhance chemo or suppress some of chemotherapy’s awful side effects, there are a large number of actual case histories of curing various cancer types by using cannabis.
Unluckily, the government agencies as well as the mainstream media consider them as anecdotal and don’t pay any attention to them.
However, the following list about cannabis is excerpted directly from one of pages of the NCI Question and Answer:
Here is their report on the cannabis anti-tumor effect:
Studies carried out on mice and rats have proven that cannabinoids may stop tumor growth by triggering cell death, inhibiting cell growth as well as development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. There are also laboratory and animal studies proving that cannabinoids may destroy cancer cells while protecting normal cells.
– According to a study conducted on mice confirmed that cannabinoids may protect against colon inflammation and may have potential in lowering the colon cancer risk, and possibly in its treatment.
– Additionally, a laboratory study of delta-9-THC in liver cancer cells proved that it damaged or destroyed the cancer cells. Plus, the same study in mouse models of liver cancer confirmed that it had anti-tumor effects in non-small cell lung and breast cancer cells.
– There is also a laboratory study of cannabidiol in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells that have proven it resulted in cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells. According to studies in mouse models of metastatic breast cancer, cannabinoids may lessen the tumor growth, number, and spread, as well.
– Also, there is a laboratory study of cannabidiol in human glioma cells that found when it is given along with chemotherapy, it can make chemotherapy more effective and stimulate cancer cell death without harming normal cells.
- Boost the appetite of cancer patients
– A lot of animal studies have proved that delta-9-THC and other cannabinoids boost appetite and increase food intake.
- Alleviate the pain
– Cannabinoid receptors, which are the molecules that bind cannabinoids, have been examined in the spinal cord, brain, and nerve endings throughout the body to understand their effectiveness in pain relief.
Recently, the FDA has approved the most dangerous painkiller Oxycontin, i.e., synthetic and very addictive heroine, for 11 year old children.
Furthermore, there are the synthetic speed medications such as Ritalin that are approved for children under the age of five. Unfortunately, they both only mask the symptoms while ruining the health.
Also, in Spain and Israel, there are several ignored animal and human trials done on cannabis for a wide variety of diseases, including cancer.
But, where’s the mainstream media with all this, actually? I guess, honoring their cash flow from Big Pharma’s advertising vast budget with silence.