Guava leaves are worthy of great attention as they offer an enormous number of health benefits. Also, they abound in vitamins A and C, healthy fibre, lycopene and potassium.
Here are 17 exceptional health benefits of guava leaves:
1. Guava leaf tea is able to reduce bad cholesterol without affecting good cholesterol.
2. It treats bronchitis and coughs.
3. In order to alleviate itching triggered by allergies you should apply crushed guava leaves onto affected areas.
4. You can also use the same method for insect bite alleviation.
5. Guava leaves provide a miraculous aid against hair loss when boiled and cooled on room temperature and then gently massaged on the scalp to prevent any further hair loss.
6. The tea of guava leaves also stops carbohydrates from turning into sugar, suppressing appetite and lowering weight.
7. The tea is also an excellent option when it comes to upset stomach and food poisoning.
8. Guava leaf tea can also be beneficial in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentry thanks to its potent antimicrobial properties.
9. Moreover, this tea is believed to be effective in the treatment of enlarged prostate and cancer.
10. Guava leaf tea is particularly recommended for men dealing with fertility issues.
11. Guava leaves are a great source of vitamin C, helping in the healing process of the facial trouble spots, for instanceː pimples and acne.
12. Crushed guava leaves can be applied on minor cuts such as scrapes or abrasion to prevent infections. Additionally, you can also prepare tea to alleviate an outer ear infection. Then, let the tea to cool and drop some of it in on the affected area.
13. Also, 9 guava leaves should be boiled in 5 cups of water until the amount in the pot reduces by half in order to treat dengue.
14. As it decreases blood sugar level and does not boost insulin secretion, guava leaf tea is extremely effective for diabetics.
15. You can chew guava leaves to alleviate toothache, inflamed gums, as well as oral cavity sores.
16. To eliminate the blackheads naturally, it is advisable to crush a few guava leaves and stir in a small amount of water and at least, use it instead of your regular face scrub.
17. You can also use the same combination in order to prevent premature skin aging, and the results will be marvellous.
Now, you can definitely use the fantastic guava leaves whenever you need, and you are very lucky if you have guava tree in your backyard.