Turmeric is among the most popular natural remedies promoting overall health. This spice includes curcumin, i.e., a power substance that can lower inflammation.
Moreover, it has been scientifically proven that curcumin relieves pain and inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis patients.
Plus, according to multiple lab tests, curcumin inhibited the growth of some tumors. There is a study confirming that a turmeric extract that includes curcumin could stabilize colorectal cancer.
There are many other studies showing that turmeric can help in the prevention of a wide variety of skin diseases, stomach ulcers, Alzheimer’s disease, high cholesterol levels, colitis, etc.
This spice is a frequently used ingredient in South Asian cooking. Specifically, turmeric is added to a variety of meals in order to improve their flavor. Also, there are many other ways to include turmeric in your diet without cooking up a meal.
For instance, consider trying a delicious turmeric smoothie.
Even though turmeric is the basic ingredient of this smoothie as a result of it’s miraculous health benefits, but it also includes other beneficial ingredients, making it one of the best remedies for strengthening the immune system.
- Half a tablespoon of turmeric
- Half a cup of mango or pineapple (rich in vitamin C that can protect against many diseases as well as immune system deficiencies)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (abundant in vitamin B1, B3, B5, B6, C, and E, and fiber)
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon (potent ingredient for decreasing high blood sugar levels in diabetes sufferers)
- 1 fresh banana (high in potassium that helps in keeping fluid balance and promoting optimal nerve, muscle, heart, and brain function)
- Half a teaspoon of ginger (lowers dizziness, nausea, pre-menstruation cramps, and arthritis pain)
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder (used in the treatment of chronic fatigue, and anemia, and for boosting the energy levels)
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (packed with calcium, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and protein)
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper (if desired)
Black pepper is used in order to provide optimal nutrient absorption of the powerful healing properties of turmeric.
Check up the following video that includes step-by-step instructions on how to prepare the turmeric smoothie.