Are you aware of the fact that most of the store-bought deodorants are full of toxic chemicals, which are able to trigger serious harm to your sebaceous glands, lymphatic as well as immune system?
Almost every deodorant includes these toxins:
1. Aluminum: These compounds are actually added to deodorants to prevent sweating. There are a lot of studies, which have associated aluminum with breast cancer in women, prostate cancer in men and Alzheimer’s disease. Furthermore, aluminum is also found to disrupt the endocrine system. Actually, this is very bad news as we have major lymph nodes right next to the armpit area.
2. Propylene glycol: It is also known as antifreeze. It is able to trigger liver, central nervous system and heart damage. Also, it is considered to result in skin irritations in very small amounts, i.e., 2 percent or less, but still, some deodorants actually contain 50% propylene glycol.
3. Formaldehyde: This is actually a carcinogen and the same chemical used to preserve deceased bodies.
4. Phthalates: It can also disrupts the endocrine system and it has also been connected with infertility in men. Despite in deodorants, phthalates can also be found in plastic.
5. Parabens: These are preservatives and antiperspirants, which can disrupt hormonal balances and contribute to early puberty in children. A 2004 study showed that 18 of 20 samples of tissue from human breast tumors contain parabens that is a serious sign of the cancer-causing features of these chemicals.
6. Triclosan: It is a chemical used as an antibacterial agent and preservative in deodorants that can react with tap water and creates chloroform gas, i.e., a potential carcinogen. Also, triclosan is considered as an endocrine disruptor.
Why is an armpit detoxification necessary?
Namely, an armpit detoxification can help you eliminate the toxic chemicals on your sweat glands, skin, as well as underlying tissue. Additionally, it will also prevent the rash appearance that is usually developed as a result of the deodorant. There are some people who even claim that they sweat less after performing this natural detoxification process.
It can be done in less than 30 minutes. The needed ingredients are bentonite clay, water, and apple cider vinegar. ACV is a one of the ingredients of this natural detoxification alternative thanks to its well-known detoxifying abilities to cleanse the skin very easily, whereas bentonite clay can make an excellent combination with water when it comes to killing up bacteria found deep within the pores.
- 1 teaspoon of ACV
- 1 tablespoon of Bentonite clay
- 2 teaspoons of water
Method of preparation:
Firstly, you should combine all the ingredients in a glass bowl.
Once you get a well-blended mixture spread it out over your armpits evenly with a cloth. Then, let it sit for about 20 minutes.
Keep in mind, there is a possibility to appear some redness on the area as the blood is flowing to the area and is doing its job.
Finally, you should wash the armpits by using warm water
This procedure should be repeated for several days or until you notice that the natural deodorant is great and does not lead to skin irritations.